What does this day mean to me? I've heard about it before but had not given it much thought. I was either too busy or preoccupied with a variety of things going on in life, so here are my thoughts/actions for 2011.
- Continuing to be as kind as humanly possible to everyone and everything. Even though we all know people who don't deserve it (I won't get into that here. Peace and all). That's the human part of me coming through.
- Being kinder with my thoughts.
- Being kinder with my words. That's a harder one but I think I'm improving on a daily basis. I like to remember the saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". It works most of the time.
- Being kinder to myself. I think that definitely involves ourselves. When we feel better, we treat others better and our world in turn.
- Continuing to do things to help the environment where I can. Such as not using the central air when it's not that hot outside. Small, but the small things make a difference.
- Volunteering my time where I think I can make a difference.
- Continuing to meditate. This helps me with my inner peace.
The International Day of Peace home page, check it out. The 1st Peace Day was in 1982, although it was not an International Day until 2002.
What does this day mean to you? Is there anything that your going to do to celebrate the day? What have you done in the past or what would you like to do in the future?
Song of the Day: Don't Stop Believin' - Journey, 1981, Escape, Columbia Records. Check out this video for a live performance of 'Don't Stop Believin'.
Till next time,