Can this ever be possible? I live in a westernized country and children still go to school without proper clothing, a rumble in their belly and at the end of the day go home to houses without proper heating or running water. This isn't supposed to happen in this day and age. Not in an industrialized nation.
What I think will always be.
- There will always be people who have more than others.
- There will always be people who don't want to do the work to keep themselves afloat.
- Economics will always play a part. If companies keep shutting down and moving to where the cheaper work forces are, local economy will suffer. This applies to anyplace in the world.
- Family cycles. If your parents live a certain way and are stuck or content with where they are in life, there is going to be a smaller chance for their children to live differently. More so in non-industrialized countries, I think.
- Power, plain and simple. There will always be people who want to be better than someone else. People who want to hold the power for whatever personal reasoning of their own.
- Government spending or lack thereof in spending priority. Example, billions spent on war and everything that it requires vs. millions spent on healthcare, access to healthy food or sufficient education.
- Examples in the home. There are many people that do and must rely on outside sources for encouragement and example to want to do better in their life. For the most part, people receive this from their family. If hope and betterment does not come from home, it's hard to break the cycle later on in life.
What can be done to help eradicate this problem, just some examples.
- Education. I'm not necessarily talking about everyone attending post secondary schooling. Not every job/career requires higher education, but everyone needs a skill, trade or a degree to manage in life.
- Being able to read and write at an adequate level. For example being able to understand simple government forms, employment contracts, school forms for your children. All of these basic necessities are often taken for granted by many of us but are so important for day to day living.
Here's a link to what some of the professionals on the subject have to say.
Do you think poverty will ever be eradicated around the world? I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on a very complex subject.
Song of the Day: Anytime You Need A Friend - Mariah Carey, Music Box, 1993, Sony Music. Watch Anytime You Need A Friend. (Links may not work in all countries.)
Till next time,