Inspired by my sister who is in the hospital. For how long, who knows? But it's long enough that she's bored. Sleep would be nice, but the nurses are taking vitals, blood, or asking the patient how their doing every single hour. (I know, doing their job.)
- Knitting/Crocheting. Or some other crafting. A good reason to start that project, which was supposed to be finished 3 months ago.
- Solo card games, such as Solitaire. There are several varieties, just look around online.
- Start a conversation with your roommate. If you have one & they are up to chatting. It passes the time & most people have interesting stories.
- Reading. If you didn't have time to read your favourite author & your well enough. Now you do. Crack the spine on that book.
- Let people visit you. It passes the time, loneliness & boredom. When your tired, don't be afraid to say so. If they don't take the hint, don't fight sleep. Close your eyes & let go.
- Bring or borrow a portable device. Music, video players are a life saver.
- If your up to it and are allowed to, walk around the hospital. Grab your own cup of tea or coffee. If the weather is nice, stroll around the grounds, take in the sunshine.
- Call people. If your not charged extra, pick up the phone & catch up.
Be nice & courteous to your nurses. They can get you extras, that you don't have to pay for. Or get you that 2 am snack.
What did you wish you had asked for as a hospital patient? Or what did you bring for someone staying in the hospital, to make them more comfortable?
Till next time,