This is a super simple & tasty recipe, that is a great ending to any meal or topping to your pancakes or waffles. Watch me make it here!
Pears on the Stove
- 1 large pear ripe any variety that you prefer
- 1-2 tbsp seeds or nuts of your choice, toasted
- .5-1 tsp salted butter
- .5-1 tsp brown sugar, unpacked
- .5-1 tsp maple syrup or omit
- shaving or 2 fresh nutmeg
- sprinkle cinnamon
- sprinkle ground ginger or fresh grated if you have it
- 1 wedge fresh lemon juice added at the end
Lightly toast your seeds/nuts if you are using them. Set aside.
Peel, core & slice your pear, vertically.
In a small saute pan, add the butter, brown sugar, syrup on a medium-high heat. Let it melt, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
Add the pear, nutmeg, cinnamon & ginger. Lightly tossing & cooking for 2-ish minutes.
Add the squirt of lemon juice. Cook for an additional 30 seconds. Turn off the heat & serve hot or warm. Sprinkle with toasted seeds/nuts, if desired. These pears are also delicious on pancakes, waffles or french toast, to replace maple syrup.
Some ingredients that I use, online:
Sweetcane Best Brown Sugar, 1Kg & Club House Organic Ground Cinnamon 40g & Frontier Natural Products Coop Bulk Nutmeg Seed Whole Organic Pouch, French/English, 32-Gram& Mccormick Organic Ginger Ground Chinese, 42 Gram
(This post is not sponsored.)
Till next time,