This recipe is courtesy of my sister, Elizabeth. She's made them for years & they are a perfect recipe for a weekday meal or to take to a potluck. You can keep it simple or make it a little "fancier". Watch me make them here!
Elizabeth's Lasagne Rollups
- 10-12 lasagne noodles cooked to aldante
- 1.5-2 cups tomato sauce homemade or commercial
- 1 500ml cottage cheese low-fat or full fat
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese or your favourite hard cheese
- 1.5 cups your favourite vegetable frozen or fresh cooked
- 1 tsp your favourite mix of dried herbs or single herb
- 1/2 tsp salt more/less or omit
- 1/2 tsp black pepper more or omit
Cook noodles to al dante. firm. Set aside.
If using fresh vegetables saute them until wilted, with half of the salt and herbs. Set aside until cool. It's easier and quicker to use frozen mixed vegetables. If so measure them out & set aside.
Measure out the rest of your ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350°F/176°C. Get your baking dish prepared.
In a large bowl add the cooled vegetables, both cheeses, herbs, salt & pepper. Keep back a little of the parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Cover the bottom of your baking dish with about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
Start rolling your noodles by laying each one flat & adding about 1/4 cup of the filling down the middle of the noodle.
Roll it up & add it to the baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining filling & noodles.
At this point you can cover with the remaining tomato sauce, cover & freeze to bake at a later date. If not freezing move to the next step.
Top with the remaining sauce & a sprinkling of cheese baking for 30-ish minutes.
Take out of the oven, letting it sit for 10 minutes, lightly covered. Serve & if you like add a little more parmesan cheese.
Some ingredients that I use, online:
(This post is not sponsored.)
Till next time,