Since the cold is here and I can't hibernate until the spring thaw, I'm thinking about activities I can take part in. So here's my list, which I'm making no guarantee that I will attempt. (Sometimes it's really just too cold.)
- Walking along the nature trails. As long as the wind isn't bitterly cold, I find it a pleasant way to get in some exercise.
- It's a perfect opportunity to walk around the city & take some winter photographs. Outside photo's have taken a back seat since the weather has turned colder.
- Build a snowman. I haven't done that since I was a kid. Okay, I'll have to think about this one.
- Go for a walk after dark, while snow is falling. It can be peaceful & it reminds me of my childhood. I used to run outside in my pj's and boots to catch falling snow on my tongue.
- Be the person that brings out hot chocolate or hot apple cider to your chilled friends/family. Someone has to do it, so why not me?
What are some of your favourite outdoor winter activities?
Till next time,