This week as been a week of gratitude for me. Not that I'm not grateful everyday, but I sometimes focus too much on what I don't have versus what I do have.
What I'm grateful for this week:
- Waking up to rain. I love that sound.
- Kai the cat not tripping me down the stairs at 6:29 in the morning.
- Me not tripping down the stairs at 6:29 in the morning.
- My daily cup of coffee turning out perfectly. Most of the time it could use a little more coffee or cream or sugar. Or there's too much of any/all of the 3. This morning it was perfect! The small things.
- I've been in severe pain all week, but I'm grateful that I was able to stay mobile, although very slowly most of the time. Hips, feet & back like an 95-year old. Beautiful if I live to 95, but I don't want to feel like it at this age. Just saying.
- Grateful that my weekend is free, so I can work uninterrupted on editing my book.
- Grateful that I finally have a library card again and can catch up on books that I've wanted to read for months now but could not purchase. I will find a way to make my books affordable & still be able to make a profit. Almost $40 for a hardcover book is ridiculous.
- Grateful that I can knit/crochet so I can make gifts that would otherwise cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Quality knitwear is expensive.
- Grateful for a mostly understanding family who gives me the space I need, when I need it. Who gives me an ear when I need it. Thank you!
- Grateful for a place to vent the good and bad, and for those who take the time to read my words. Thank you!
Song of the Week: Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat), Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time & Space), Digable Planets, 1993, Capitol Records, Inc. See the Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat). (Links may not work in all countries.)
Till next time,