Well, a lot people are feeling January's bitterness by now, after a long delay in the cold weather. You may also be seeing some snow.
As I've written before, the older I get the less I like the cold. This sudden snap into January has confirmed this. If I don't have to be anywhere, I'm not venturing outside.
10 Things To Do When It's Cold Outside
1. Sleep in. Good if you don't have kids or pets that need feeding.
2. Have a full-on hearty breakfast, if your a breakfast person. Eggs; hash browns; pancakes/waffles/toast; sausage/bacon; coffee; orange juice, or some other variation. After all it's cold outside.
3. Batch cooking. I don't have much happening on Sunday's, so it's a perfect day to get a sometimes tedious task out of the way.
4. Laundry. If there's more than 1 person in the house, there's always laundry that needs tending to.
5. Return phone calls. Catching up, can make the time fly.
6. Clean out your purse/wallet. It's amazing the amount of receipts & crap that you can accumulate in such a short amount of time.
7. Start a knitting or crochet project. I have 1 that needs to be re-thought. Yes, I'm still thinking about it.
8. Play a long board game, like Scrabble or Monopoly. It's a fun way to make time fly.
9. Curl up with a warm blanket or by a blazing fire and watch your favourite movie or read book.
10. Have a nap. If you can, why not?
What are your favourite activities to do when you don't want to brave the cold?
Song of the Day: Shake It Off, The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah Carey, 2005, The Island Def Jam Music Group and Mariah Carey. Click here to watch the video of Shake It Off. (Links may not work in all countries.)
Till next time,