In many parts of the world the human population is living longer, and they need to stay as healthy as possible.
What can we do to live longer & healthier lives:
- Go to the doctor/medical professional for regular check-ups and exams. Or like in poorer nations, have access to affordable or free health care.
- Stay away from smoking, excessive alcohol use, unnecessary drug use, illegal or legal.
- Keep physically active, from early in life, on a regular basis.
- Get enough sleep.
- Be a part of your community. Have a reason to stay active, for yourself and loved ones.
In other parts of the world that are not as fortunate as us (in industrialized nations), they need:
- Access to affordable or free health care.
- Clean water and living conditions.
- Access to healthy food on a daily basis.
- To be able to afford to retire. Living longer means, working longer. Working the same jobs that they did, when they were young, is not as easy. This can lead to more sickness and injury.
- To be an active, contributing part of their families, and communities.
What I'm doing:
- Learning from those, older than myself. I see joint issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity. I don't want that to be in my future. Or for some of these issues to get worse.
- See my doctor for regular checkups, and not waiting until an issue becomes a problem.
Watch a quick video from the UN, on World Health Day.
What are you doing to ensure that your life is as long & as healthy as possible?
Song of the Day: When I'm Sixty-Four, The Beatles, The Beatles Box Set, 2010, the copyright in this audio & audiovisual compilation is owned by EMI Records Ltd. See When I'm Sixty-Four. (Links may not work in all countries.)
Till next time,